Lowering the Big Screen
- When facing the stage from seats, the switch to raise/lower the screen is on the wall to the left near the frontmost curtain. The switch has three positions: raise, stop and lower.
- When lowering or raising, the screen will automatically stop when at it's lowest or highest point. You don't have to stop it yourself.
Turning on the Projector
- To the left of the screen control switch, there is a projector control panel similar to the one pictured here.
- Pressing "ON" will turn the projector on at the back of the room. It usually takes between 30 and 60 seconds to fully power on.
- Once powered on, you should see the Pomfret School crest displayed on the big screen.
Connecting via HDMI Cable
- On the projector control panel, press the HDMI button.
- Below the panel, near the floor, there is an HDMI input box. Use the provided HDMI cable to connect your device to that HDMI input box.
- If your device does not have an HDMI port, you may need to use a dongle to connect as well. Some common dongles are Mini DisplayPort (Thunderbolt) to HDMI and USB-C to HDMI (newer Macs and some PCs).
- Once you plug in, your device should be projected onto the big screen. HDMI supports both video and audio but you may have to change your device audio output to be the projector to get the audio to play on the large speakers in the room.
- When connected via HDMI, your device will often relinquish audio volume control to the control panel. Use the volume up and volume down buttons on the control panel to change volume
Wirelessly Connect via Apple TV using Airplay (Mac and iOS only)
- On the projector control panel, press the APPLE TV button.
- Turn the Apple TV on using the remote. The Apple TV is located on the left window sill of the A/V booth and you may see a tiny white light on it once powered on.
- To project your device onto the big screen, use these instructions to mirror your device's screen to the Apple TV.
- The Apple TV is named HARD PROJECTOR.
- Instead of using your own device, you can also use any of the apps on the Apple TV. Some common ones used in this space are YouTubeTV and YouTube.
If you have questions or feedback about these instructions, please email email@example.com.