Lowering the Big Screen & Turning on the Projector
- When you walk in the double-doors to the auditorium, turn left and walk down the ramp to the last column. There is a keypad similar to the one pictured here.
- Pressing the ON button will simultaneously lower the screen and turn on the projector. It usually takes between 30 and 60 seconds to fully power on.
- If the projector has been on for awhile, it might turn itself off. In that case, pressing the ON button again will turn it back on, even if the screen is already down.
- When finished, press the OFF button to simultaneously raise the screen and turn off the projector.
Connecting via HDMI Cable (recommended if you're presenting with video/audio)
- On the projector control panel, press the LAPTOP button.
- Below the panel, near the floor, there is an HDMI input box. Use the provided HDMI cable to connect your device to that HDMI input box.
- If your device does not have an HDMI port, you may need to use a dongle to connect as well. Some common dongles are Mini DisplayPort (Thunderbolt) to HDMI and USB-C to HDMI (newer Macs and some PCs).
- Once you plug in, your device should be projected onto the big screen. HDMI supports both video and audio but you may have to change your device audio output to be the projector to get the audio to play on the large speakers in the room.
- When connected via HDMI, your device will often relinquish audio volume control to the control panel. Use the volume up and volume down buttons on the control panel to change volume
Wirelessly Connect via Apple TV using Airplay (Mac and iOS only)
- On the projector control panel, press the HDMI button.
- Turn the Apple TV on using the remote. The Apple TV is located in the large metal rack of the A/V booth at the back of the room. You shouldn't need to actually enter that room.
- To project your device onto the big screen, use these instructions to mirror your device's screen to the Apple TV.
- The Apple TV is named SOFT PROJECTOR.
- Instead of using your own device, you can also use any of the apps on the Apple TV. Some common ones used in this space are YouTubeTV and YouTube.
If you have questions or feedback about these instructions, please email email@example.com.